Thursday, December 19, 2013

How to move to Williston: Part 3: Finding a Job.


There are so many jobs in Williston, ND right now.  Just about every company is hiring for something.  

There are so many people coming and going, it's not just the oil companies that are hiring.  I'm sure you've heard by now that fast food joints are paying $15 an hour.  Well it's true, they even advertise it on flyers!  I don't think I know of anyone working a job for less than that actually.  


I didn't want to post this until I had had first hand experience finding a job here.  After a month of hanging out, I finally broke down and applied for a few jobs.  


While I didn't apply for the quick gigs, a.k.a. retail, food service, oil hands (or whatever they call them), the process was still ridiculously fast, and everyone still wants you to start working yesterday.   

Here's a breakdown of how quickly things go here.  



My Personal Experience


Day 1:  Applied for 2 jobs.

Day 2:  Received phone calls for 2 interviews.
Day 3:  Interviewed with both and received one job offer.
Day 4:  Interviewed a second time and received second job offer. 

Pretty darn quick for have-you-own-office type gigs.   


A Few Recourses 



While many positions are obtained by simply walking in and applying, like with many retail or food service jobs, many jobs are listed online.  

A few sites to check out...







No comments:

Post a Comment