Saturday, January 23, 2016

Pregnant and Overdue

Big overdue belly.  View from my feet.


"Yep, still pregnant"
"Nope, no baby yet"
...Still pregnant.  I now understand the so-often read about but never fully grasped plight of the overdue pregnant woman.  Don't get me wrong, I do feel blessed that my uterus seriously rocks and it's keeping this little squishy safe and warm (and ensuring she's nice a plump and harder to squeeze out), but, my baby is still overdue, and I'm still incredibly uncomfortable.  
What do you do with yourself when you're waiting to have your baby, besides clean the house 10X over as you wheeze under your own girth while binge watching Breaking Bad?  

Please, tell me.  
Mental distraction.  That's the key, lots of mental distraction.  Like Netflix, Instagram, re-embracing my blog...  If you're like me, none of your maternity clothes fit anymore, you have a whole new appreciation for being able to climb even one flight of stairs without being winded (Why does my house have so many stairs???) and you're doing everything in your power to not go crazy while waiting.  
...I'm so ready for this baby to come out.  
A lot of women have told me that they're no longer scared of birth by this point, but I've never been scared of it.  "One day of pain" for a cute little squishy to bring home.  
I can handle that, even if it means pulling it out of my left nostril.  



No comments:

Post a Comment