Friday, January 9, 2015

Summer as a Verb




"Summer" as a Verb


We don't do "summer" as a verb in this family.  


"Darling, where do you summer?" - Buffy

"Me? I summer at home, at my job." - Me 



Sum·mer

verb

1.  spend the summer in a particular place.

     "I'll be Summering in my 1984 Vanagon Westfalia."


Sort of Summering in a Vanagon 


I guess you could say we might be "Summering" this year. 

While we won't be summering in Italy, we will be sort-of-summering while traveling in our Vanagon in places like Oregon, Colorado, and North Carolina.  


"Spring Break" as a Verb 


verb

1.  spend spring break in a particular place.

We're possibly headed to a still-to-be-determined location for Spring Break.  So while we'll be "Summering" this year, we'll also be "Spring-breaking".


But Seriously


The idea of "summering" doesn't seem real.  It actually blows my mind to think that people actually have that life style.  The people in the top 1% don't seem real to me either.  They're an urban legend.  If you're reading this and you belong to the top 1%, sorry, but you don't exist.  

No comments:

Post a Comment