Thursday, January 29, 2015

(Old) and New Year's Resolutions





Reading an old journal, I found a list of New Years resolutions.  I couldn't help being judgmental, because go figure, I have some of the same ones this year.  

2012 Resolutions 


Here's what I wrote 3 years ago, with judgmental, snide comments in parentheses.  

"Is it realistic to have 5 New Years resolutions?  None of them are small.  In fact, they're real doozies.
Here’s my list so far…
  • Become more fiscally responsible (How do you expect to do that while in grad school?! You're just setting yourself up to fail.  Good job.)
  • Eat healthier (Ha! Yeah right.  You're not mentally prepared for that challenge yet.)
  • Exercise more (Also not ready, you'd have to get over your fear of people snatching you off the street, but nice try.)
  • Pay off credit card debt (Again, how exactly do you plan on doing this?)
  • Reduce our storage unit size by 1/2 (Meh, maybe.)
I’m doing it.  ALL of it.  I swear. (Oh hunny...)
  • Get all A’s in graduate school (Now this one you can do.)
Ok, that’s 6. 
  • Camp more 
Ok, I’m done. 
  • Survive the 2012 apocalypse
K, now seriously.
Other popular resolutions (that usually don’t happen) include drinking less, quitting smoking (which I don’t do anyway), losing weight, cutting out chocolate, and not procrastinating.  Good thing I’m not attempting any of those.  (No S***!)"

Note: First of all, some of 2012's goals didn't happen; mostly the debt and storage reduction.  Oops.  

I did, however, get all A's in graduate school and survive the apocalypse.


2015 Resolutions


I only have three. So far. 
  • Actually pay off my credit card debt
  • Start a business
  • Travel in our Westy 
I think these are all doable (well the Westy travel is inevitable, but the other two I can totally do).  There's only three.  No big deal.  I have complete faith in my ability to do them!  Am I convincing you? Because I'm trying to convince myself.  


No comments:

Post a Comment