Friday, November 1, 2013

The Adventure Begins


Day 4 in Williston. 

          We're alive and well! And Williston is actually a pretty cute little town.  (Click here to check out the city web page.)  It's decently small, about 18,000 people, which is small compared to what we're used to.  So far we've stocked our trailer and unpacked (not exactly organized, but unpacked).  

          Chris started work and loves it so far, and I think I'll try to find a job Monday.  

         Interesting experience... Our first day here, we had a knock on our door with a freelance photographer (with companion) asking if there was a woman living here.  Apparently our two hatchbacks, one with NPR stickers, made her think that there was maybe a woman here.  She was right.  She was doing a freelance project called "Women of Williston" or something and asked if I would answer a few questions about living in Williston.  I laughed and explained that it was literally my first day in Williston and that we had just gotten in the night before.  She ended up getting our story; about why we came out there and what we thought about it all since we seemed to be liberal minded.  She took some photos of me in front of unpacked boxes, and some with me, Chris, and Bella (the pooch).  She took my name and email address.  I guess we'll see what happens with it.  

          

     

No comments:

Post a Comment