Tuesday, November 26, 2013

That Time I Became a Reverend


Becoming a Reverend for The Universal Life Church

My Credentials of Ministry


This has been a big year.  I not only earned my Masters Degree, and moved to another state, but just recently, I obtained my credentials of ministry.  Heh Heh.  

That's right, I can now officiate at your wedding!  Isn't that great?  Gone are the days of paying for an ordained minister/priest/whatever.  Just provide the wine and we'll make some magic.  

Now let me just say that this in no way makes fun on those who choose to have an actual religious official officiate their nuptials, heck, I had a full catholic wedding, Eucharist and all.  I'm just saying in the legal world, I could be your girl.  

The Universal Life Church


The Universal LIfe Church has two purposes; to promote the freedom of religion, and to do which is right.  I can definitely get behind that.  

And I guess I did!

I can now perform marriages, funerals, baptisms (apparently), and ceremonial rites.  I can absolves others of their sins (seriously?), and even start my own church! 

...Some of those seem like maybe you'd want an official from your given religion, perhaps, probably, most definitely...but who am I to judge.  

Call me Reverend, Minister, Healer, Educator, or Brother (?).  I like "Reverend".  

My dad likes "Brother".  He's Brother Father, and I'm Brother Daughter.  Did I mention he did this too?  

What did you do with your Thursday night?

(Feeling inspired?  Check out the Universal Life Church )

No comments:

Post a Comment