Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Flirts of Boomtown

I'm sure plenty of you have heard horror stories of women getting harassed in Williston because of the seems-like 10:1 guy to girl ratio here.  While there are a TON of men, they're not all creeps.  A lot of them are actually pretty funny.  


First things first, there will be jerks no matter where you live.  Men and women alike can think they're the bees knees and God's gift to everyone.  Williston is no different.  

Second thing, be smart.  Do you walk around Detroit at midnight by yourself in the dark?  You'd probably advice someone against that, yes?  

Well same rule applies pretty much everywhere.  Stay out of "shady" places and you'll most likely avoid "shady" people.  

Not all men are trying to bring you home.   In fact, a lot of what you hear is quite humorous.

Take this fine gentleman for example... 

I'm walking into the grocery store when a young man stops me and says "Miss, you dropped something"  I turn my head, see nothing and he says "It was your smile".  I say "oh god" and laugh because...seriously?  and he says "There it is" and then I walk away.

I was pretty amused.  

I'm still rolling my eyes in his general direction.  

No comments:

Post a Comment